I like working with smart people to solve complicated problems
I apply the skills I’ve learned as a designer in whatever way best benefits my team. Most often that means I’m an interaction designer, but when needed I’ve also been a visual designer, user researcher, prototyper, and QA tester. Above all, I’m always a strong advocate for the end user.
One of my favorite quotes is from Toyota Manufacturing: “Don’t let perfect get in the way of better.” I keep that in mind whenever I’m designing. A perfect design that’s never implemented will never benefit our users. I enjoy working with product management and engineering to ensure that our users benefit from the best possible experience, despite schedule, budget, and technical limitations.
Five facts about me:
- I love visiting National Parks. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Haleakala in Hawaii.
- I have a dog named Enzo. He was named after Enzo Ferrari.
- If I win the lottery a 1959 Porsche 718 RSK will be the first thing I buy.
- The last book I read was The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright.
- My favorite designer is Masahiro Mori. I'm especially fond of his ceramic cups.
North Carolina State UniversityBachelor of Graphic Design
Aug 06 - Dec 10
Jul 15 - Present
LPL FinancialSenior User Experience Designer
Sep 13 - June 15
IBMUser Experience Designer
Jul 11 - Sep 13
CAM: Contemporary Art MuseumGraphic Designer
May 08 - May 11